Monday, January 13, 2014

Transfers!

So guess what happened this week?  Transfers!  Crazy that they have already happened again?  But this one was different then every other one I've had because nothing changed!  Isn't that fantastic?  I never thought I'd get to be with a compaion for two transfers in a row, but I was wrong!  Sister Youngberg and I are still together and our stewardship and everything stayed the same.  Yippee!  We are going to do things differently this transfer because our area is ready to burst with miracles.  We dont' have to spend time figuring out how to work with eachother because we got that down! 
 
So this week was interesting.. Angie is progressing and coming to church and is just fantastic.  She wants to get baptized and everything!  But she won't pick a date.  How frustrating is that?  I was kind of bold in explaining to her that not picking a date is like deciding you're going to run a marathon without ever signing up for a race.   It is so important to commit!  I'm working on being patient but sometimes you just love people so much that you really want to see them change.   We'll be seeing her again today.  It's funny because her Dad was baptized just under a year ago and he keeps telling us "she's just like I was... give her time"  So I have faith that she will progress. 
 
So this morning I was reading a Journal entry from my first day in Nebraska... how weird it is to see the weird things I complained about that first day.  I had no idea what I was getting into, I had no idea who I was going to become.  I feel though like I have changed a lot since that day, I think one of my greatest fears is to go home the same person that I came out as.  I know that my confidence in my Savior has increased and that I am spiritually stronger now then I was then.   It's so cool how as you excercise yourself spiritually you really do experience a change in your spiritual health. 
 
So a thought I wanted to share; a few sisters have posed the question, "What do I do when I feel like my work in an area is done?"  What in interesting question!  It can be changed to "what do I do when my visiting teaching is done?"  or really why must I keep going when I feel like I am done?  The answer I found was in President Monson's talk from the Priesthood session.  He said that being a home teacher(or a visiting teacher or a missionary)  is ongoing, the Lord's work will not be finished untill he says "it is finished"   My thought was that this is like doing the dishes.  I remember asking mom why I had to do the dishes (family(aka Thomas) don't roll your eyes I did do the dishes when at home and now I do the dishes like every day...) because they were only going to be dirty the next day.  It is sort of the same idea here, why must we try to help these people when they are going to fall again next week?  When they will forget so soon what we reminded them?  The answer is because we like a clean kitchen.  And so does the Lord.  He is excited when we bring someone back to church.  He is excited when someone prays for the first time.  He will never give up on any of his children.  No matter how many times you fall and get dirty you can get back up, you can clean your kitchen and start over.   I thought that was a powerful thought and it has really encouraged me to keep going because the Lord's work isn't over!
 
So I hope you all have a splendid week.  Hope you keep doing awesome things and keep being the best versions of you!    Choose the Right!
 
Love Always,
 
Sister Catherine McMaster

No comments:

Post a Comment