Monday, April 14, 2014

Back in Tights!

Hi!  it snowed last night, so yay for freaking weird Nebraska weather!

This week was a really good week.  We were all over the place, we've been trying to get Sister Stiles all situated with the ward and help her know who everyone is.  We're doing pretty well actually!  We took invitations to Jason's baptism to everyone and their dog (because we didn't have church so they didn't get to make an announcement)  They're the coolest invitations ever, I'll show you one day okay?    


Jason's baptims!! :)


Jason's Baptism was so cool!  It was such a humbling experience to see someone making sacred covenants with our Father in Heaven.  I got to speak about baptism and it was awesome because Angie was there and I felt like I was able to direct my thoughts to Jason but also to Angie who wants so badly to be baptized but has things in her way still.   I shared my favorite water skiing story (mostly because I really like telling stories... I think I told this story in my farewell talk... who knows...)  but it was cool to relay how accepting the gospel and being baptized is how we can put our trust in God, it's how we trust his plan, we accept his will and we take a leap of faith.  I am so grateful that we have such a loving Heavenly Father that patiently waits as each of his children struggle and fall down of their faces as they come to find that his hand has always been stretched out for them to hold.  

Jason's confirmation was another story.... There we were sitting patiently in the chapel... I was pointing out and telling sister Stiles the names of lots of people when  weirdly familiar faces walked in... after like a triple take I recognized it as Kim and Joseph... what little turds!  They found me!  haha it was weird how normal it was to see them.  Then after being kind of shocked we realized that Jason still hadn't shown up and it was time for the meeting to start.  The bishop was sending us worried texts and looks and we frantically tried to go find him....  He showed up after the Sacrament!(because the member that was his ride slept in oops!) Phew.. I was stressing out.  But the best part was that Brother Brown got to be a part of the ordinance.  He is so incredible.  You all need to meet Brother Brown.  He's simply fantastic.(80 year old man have I told you about him?)  He was so happy he was like bouncing up and down.  And he wore my favorite tie because he's a Stud.  It's yellow so that's why it's my favorite.  

So pretty much that's what happened this week.  It was crazy and fantastic as missionary life always seems to be.  I'm glad to hear your all doing well.  Thanks to all of you for being so supportive and fantastic.  I love you all soooo much.  I am grateful to have you for eternity.  I hope you know how much I really do mean that, Like I don't just say that... I really do appreciate all that each one of you has taught me.  You have made me who I am and I can't take any credit.  You simply are fantastic.  Have a good week!  take care of yourselves and choose the right :)

Love Always,


Sister McMaster

Leadership Council with AMAZING sisters :)

Weekly Planning with Sister STILES! We went to the park and I got 8 bug bites on one leg... then it thunder stormed the next day... snowed the next... go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment