Monday, April 21, 2014

The Moral of the Story is: Care.

Hello family that I love!

How are you all doing?  Good to hear from some of you, I hope you all know how fantastic you are.  Did you have a good week?? It was a pretty crazy week here in the middle of corn fields (that are currently being planted!)   We got to go to the temple!  I love the temple so much.  It was such a spiritual boost that was so needed.    Being Easter my thoughts were very focused on the Savior.  He is the key to the plan of salvation.  He is so central to everything.  I am so grateful that he fulfilled his calling, I'm so grateful he paid the price for us, because he loves us.  How incredible it is that the reason he did what he did was because he cares.   1 Peter 5:7 is one of my favorite scriptures lately, we must cast upon him all our cares because he cares.   How powerful is that?  He loves us, so we need to let him carry us through our problems.  Sometimes being a missionary can be overwhelming, but when I remember to turn to the Savior, to cast upon him all my cares, everything is better.  He doesn't want us to suffer, he wants to teach us to turn to him.  For that reason I am grateful for the trials he has given me.  I'm so grateful that he is teaching me to become strong.  I love the Savior so much.

Did you have a Happy Easter?  Such a remarkable holiday, I hope you were all able to reflect the gift that the Savior has given to each one of us.   Sister Stiles and I gave a training this week at our Zone Training, it was exciting to bounce up and down (because that's what I do when I'm excited)  and bear testimony of our Savior's love, and his promise that he will help us return to our Father in Heaven as we do our best and never give up.  I love sharing the gospel, it's invigorating.   You should all do it everyday.  You'd have no bad days because the spirit will turn it into the best day ever.  That's actually a goal I set with myself, to write down why today is the best day ever... It's an ongoing competition with yesterday.   I know though that as I've focused on the Care, of this work that my attitude has changed.  We share because we care... (creative slogan vaguely familiar?)    I hope you know how much I care about each of you.  I love you all so much and am so grateful to call you my eternal family.  

Love you forever, 


Sister McMaster




No comments:

Post a Comment