Monday, April 28, 2014

DON'T EAT PETE!

haha.. I had a memory of this game yesterday... I tried not to laugh out loud but it was too funny.  So then I made the Zachary's play with Sister Stiles and me last night, don't worry it's still fun. 

How are you all doing?  Did you enjoy your week?   I thought it was a pretty solid week...like a rock kind of week ya know?

So here is the goal of today's e-mail, tie the game Don't eat Pete into the gospel.  I tried to yesterday with several epic fails so bear with me.  Oh speaking of bears, we went to a Fireside with Kim and her grandkids (recent convert and non-member children)  about the bear guy!  Remember Michael Dunn? He got attacked by a bear and lived to tell the tale?  Yup he is pretty awesome.  I'm pretty sure I listened to this story when I was like 10... don't know why the memory takes me back that far.  Dad did we have a recording of it or something?  anyway it was so cute.  Little Madison was so mesmerized by the story and was super excited at the end and told Sister Stiles "I don't know what it is but I need to find the holy ghost, I need to find it!"  She wants to start coming to church with Kim!  (she's 8)  so that could be a cool teaching opportunity.  Have I told you about Kim before?  She's fantastic and we love her a lot.

Another cool moment from this week, we were on an exchange so I was with Sister Stutler, she's a sweetheart from Arizona, and we were out and about searching for Miracles when all of a sudden we decided to knock on a door of a less active member (back story I have previously knocked on the door and meet an elderly Turkish lady that didn't speak English thinking I was brilliant I started to speak Spanish to her (because I pretend I speak Spanish on my good days) only to realize that not everyone that doesn't speak English speaks Spanish... Sister Youngberg thought that was hilarious)  So we knocked on the door and asked for the member who wasn't home yet again, but the girl that answered seemed nice so we asked her if she knew anything about the book of mormon (because we're missionaries so that's what the habit is that we do)  She said no but she would like to know more.  I was stunned... that doesn't happen like ever.. usually they just say no and shoe us away... I didn't even know what to do when someone was so sincerely seeking the gospel... Poor Sister Stutler must think I'm crazy but we got her phone number and will hopefully start teaching her and her sister.

So pretty much the Fairview ward is starting to sprout miracles yet again.  It never ceases to amaze me how good the Lord is to us.  He blesses us so much in our time of need.  So here is how all of this relates to "don't eat pete"  Sometimes as missionaries we knock door after door with the mentality that perhaps this next door will actually be pete... sometimes we are afraid to pick our next step perhaps we fear because we don't want to fail?  But as you press forward you will find that we cannot live in fear we must have the faith that Heavenly Father will direct our paths.  (so maybe that's a really pathetic attempt to tie pete in... you try!)  How has the Lord directed your path this week?   I love you all and am so grateful for the opportunity to serve as a missionary right now :)  Make good choices and don't eat pete!

Love Always,

Sister McMaster
One more temple picture! aren't these sisters adorable? Yup I thought so too!


No comments:

Post a Comment