Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Happy Tuesday. Thunder Storms

Dear Family,

How are you all doing this lovely Tuesday Morning?  Did you enjoy your Memorial Day?  It was soooo hot here, humid and hot and sticky... here comes Summer...  Yippie!

So I don't have a whole lot to write but I did want to share some thoughts from this week.  We had Zone Conference this week and the focus was on the Family.  I have to tell you this has been super weird... because as a missionary you're kind of like a family-less fish for the time being... but It's really cool to see that the Lord wants us to work on strengthening families including our own present and future.   All of this planing and strengthening has really drawn my thoughts to our mission on earth.  Have you ever taken time to ponder your mission on earth?  

I don't remember if I told you but I have been since January studying the New Testament, hoping to understand better Christ's life.  It is amazing to me to begin to see that he was a perfect example of a missionary. I know his example applies to each one of us individually, but he fulfilled his mission on earth perfectly.  I so appreciate the times when he patiently teaches his disciples the simple nature of the gospel.  He had such sincere joy and love.  I also love reading the different accounts of Christ's atonement, he was prepared to fulfill his mission to redeem the sins of his people.  He asked the Father if there was any other way, but was willing to proceed knowing that it was the will of the Lord.  I wish I could express how grateful I am that he did proceed, because I know I have so many weak moments where I need his strength to keep going.  Understanding the atonement is way over my head, but I do feel like my understanding is increasing.  It grew like an inch this week! 

So there was an incredible thunderstorm on Sunday night and I loved it!  Once we were able to enjoy it (after fighting herocially the horrible june bugs and cups of bleach..)  we just sat and listened.  The sound of the world reminds me that I am not alone.  

We had some really cool lessons with people this week, Have I told you about Karen?  She is a sweet woman from Texas that is friends with a family in our ward.  She is super sweet and is scheduled to be baptized June 28th! We are praying extra hard for her because she recently started dating a man that is a strong Catholic and doesn't really like us.  It's a bit of  a struggle, but when we bear testimony to her of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon I know the spirit is there testifying with us.  I am so grateful that we aren't doing this alone aren't you?

I hope you all have an enjoyable  week.  I love you all a lot and look forward to hearing about little baby Jace being born!  Let me know any way possible! I'll be praying for you all!

Love,


Sister McMaster

No comments:

Post a Comment