Monday, June 9, 2014

I'm an Aunt!

Good Morning family!

How are you doing?  Happy and Healthy I hope?  

Life here is just hunky dory!  I love being a missionary a lot and I love all that I am learning.  This week was like a tornado of events!  And there actually was legitimately almost a tornado. It was crazy!  The lightning was like almost strobe light worthy... talk about crazyness... then there was hail that was just bigger than a quarter... like golf-ball sized... and we were in Lincoln for an exchange so we couldn't go home... we were stranded in Lincoln! (not really we were with the Katz! Who are some of my favorite people.)  It was quite an adventure and I am grateful that we survived.  (we weren't really in that great of danger but you know how I like to be dramatic)  

Karen is getting baptized! She is solid set for the 21st! We are so excited! I can't even believe how much she progressed in the last week!  She decided her Catholic boyfriend was no good and that she needs to join the church.  Crazy right?  It's funny how you pray for miracles and then they happen and you are like WOW? What just happened?  She was so funny telling us how she's already invited people from work and she is planning on sharing the gospel with her daughters and I'm still pinching myself to make sure this is real.  I love her and I can tell you that the gospel has changed her countenance.  She is growing spiritually like I've never seen a person grow.  I feel so privileged to be present to witness her conversion.  Nothing that I did has made this happen, that's the most amazing part. I was just here.  I love how Heavenly Father's plan works.  

We also had a really good Sacrament meeting this week.  I can't even express how amazing Sunday is, such an incredible time to feel the love of our Savior, and the healing power of the atonement.  Yesterday I learned that the atonement makes everything right.  Last week I was feeling like I haven't done enough with this or that... just silly worries, but I was very powerfully reminded that no matter what I do the atonement makes everything whole.  Heavenly Father will help me with what I need to do and he will make up the difference.  I hope you all can feel that strength today and not be discouraged when life gets stressful or overwhelming.  If it does, know I'm praying for you and that our Heavenly Father is so aware of all that you are doing and trying to do.  

SO then I found out I was an Aunt!  7lbs 11oz 21 inches long?  I already decided will be best friends because his birthday is 6/6 and mine is 5/5 so bam.. bestfriendhood is happening.  Congratulations Natalie and Tanner! I'm so excited for you to be parents.  I hope that everything is going well and that you are all healthy!  

I love you all so very much and am grateful for your love and support, as I've said many times I know that your prayers and faithfulness have carried me through a lot.  I will always be so grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed me with you all as my family.   Keep the Faith and press on!  

Love You Forever!


Sister McMaster
I got to see Sister Call this week! She's an Aunt too! Her neice is named Jocelyn... so we decided that they can get married, she's only about a month older :)


the piece of hail that we saved from the storm... kind of a DW moment when you put a piece of hail on a plate and put it in the freezer..



having a picnic in the park and doing our best to become like little children :)




No comments:

Post a Comment