Monday, August 11, 2014

Miracles in York!

Family!
How are you all doing this fine day?? Lovely I hope?


So news here:  Transfers! Yikes how I hate this time of mission life... it's mega stressful...I kind of knew Sister Wrubell would be leaving (because she had been here for 10.5 months)  But I selfishly hoped she'd stay... but the Lord knows best and Sister Wrubell is off to Sioux city to work her magic there! And I get to work with Sister Beers!  Woot woot!  She's like a walking angel... so sweet and I'm excited to work with her.  She was just barely with Sister Schrader so that's kind of a cool fun fact.  

So I had one of the craziest lessons of my life this week.... ready to hear about it???

So there we were... trying to locate the yellow house where Hilda and her family live currently.... upon finding their sweet little house we were warmly invited into their home where Maria (the oldest daughter) excitedly told us she had made browinies for us!  So we sat on this little couch and were talking to Hilda and Her husband when Hilda interrupted and asked "When are you holding a baptismal service?, I'm ready to be baptized".  I've never had someone say this, I didn't know what to say! haha I stumbled through words and said, well I I guess on the 30th of August... blah!  Haha so we will probably move her date up but she's so determined to be baptized.  She's the sweetest woman I know.  And continued to tell us about how she's been able to feel the spirit so strongly and that she has really felt like this is the best thing for her right now.   Their situation right now is super crazy but she kept saying, I know that this is where I need to be.    I love her so much.  The branch is thrilled to have them and is so supportive of them as they prepare to be baptized.

Other adventures, we canned a lot of green beans with members this week... we ate a squash from Sarah's garden, we chased geese for a few moments... we found some lost sheep(not actually sheep... less active members who aren't on our records)  We are seeing so many miracles here in York.  I love it here!   We get to go to Grand Island, Central City, Aurora, and Lincoln this week!  Woot woot!  

Well I hope you all have a beautiful week, I know the Lord's hand is in this work.  I've been learning a lot about how consecrating our efforts truly allows us to be instruments in the Lord's hands.  I feel so blessed to be able to serve a mission.  I know it has changed my life and I am so grateful for the faith of the people I meet and the people that are at home.  You are all fantastic.  The church is true, don't forget it!  

Love Always,

Sister McMaster

masks with sister Wrubell... :)

I love my Sister Wrubell

SISTER BEERS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment