Monday, November 3, 2014

North Platte.

Hello!

So I got a phone call this last week from my favorite person, President Weston.  He said, "Sister McMaster, are you ready for your life to change?"  What can one say to this other than, "Well, yes I'm ready for whatever you've got."   So then my life changed and here I am sitting with Sister Newbold in North Platte.  

So North Platte is the Furthest West possible for Sisters in the mission... So I'm 4 hours away from Omaha and the mission office and the like.  It's flatter here than any part of Nebraska I have seen ever.  The people are classic Nebraskans so that's the same, and I still love being a missionary so that's the same!  I completed a year as a Sister Training Leader so they finally put me in a "normal area" So only one exchange for me this transfer!  Woot woot!  That will be a weird adjustment but I'm really looking forward to being focused on North Platte 1st ward.  :)

Sister Newbold is a fantastic missionary! She just finished being trained, and is one of the sweetest missionaries I have met.  We get a long really well.  She reminds me like crazy of Sarah! (yes you my sister Sarah)  It's cool.  She is also younger than Sarah, so Sarah should go on a mission too :) It's going to be a fantastic transfer. I'm really excited for this change.


So it was a week of miracles.  It was crazy to say goodbye to York.  I knew my time there was probably going to be short but it was still hard to say goodbye.  That area has changed my life and will forever hold a very special place in my heart.  I'll be forever praying for Rene and Hilda's family!  We set Sherman for baptism last week too! So I hope that that also goes well! He is seriously one of the most prepared people.  We came back and he had watched the Restoration DVD and had all kinds of questions, he told us "I feel like I'm just like Joseph Smith, serching for truth"  So cool.  I'm sad I wont' get to teach him more, but I know he'll still progress.  The Lord takes care of his children.  

North Platte is so different! There are 2 wards here and it's kind of like a mini ish Lincoln or Grand Island (not sure if that means anything to you!)  They had a baptism right before I got here so we have a fantastic Convert to help get to the temple (Troy)  and a teaching pool to fill!  I am excited to see the work explode here because that's the goal.  One thing that really stood out to me my first day here was that the Spirit was so strong everywhere we went.  Heavenly Father is ready for us to help strengthen this Area.  Be perpared to hear about miracles next week!

Spiritual thought: I was studying in Alma 56 about the armies of Helaman (that's technically where you should be if y;ou're on track for finishing in December)  They were powerful because they didn't doubt.  How cool is that? I was pondering what it means to not doubt.  That entails a lot!  I started writing down all the things that I can say that I do not have any doubts about, I know that I am a daughter of God, I know that our Savior Jesus Christ truly knows our pains and afflictions but also our Joys, he just knows us perfectly.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true, I know it is God's words for us today.  I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and truly restored the gospel to the earth.  I know that our Family is forever.  

It was cool to think of this list, to see that the things I don't doubt encompass my testimony.  But most importatnly I can thank you Mom and Dad and family for helping that testimony to take root.  I never doubted that you knew it.  What an incredible thing.  I love you all and I hope you have a terrific week.

Love always,

Sister McMaster


North Platte Sunset... :)

Sister NEWBOLD

Crazy Sunday Lunch breakfast sandwich creation!


No comments:

Post a Comment