Monday, September 16, 2013

Tractors...

Hello Family! 

How are you all doing??  I don't have a whole lot of time today but I wanted to let you know that great things are happening in Lincoln.  The people here are so fantastic and we are slowly seeing them become more excited about missionary work.  Yesterday was a busy day at Church, the elders had like 3 investigators and we had several less actives and Sister Schrader and I had to speak... so it was busy!  I love that you get to dive in and love the people where ever you are serving. 

Sister Schrader and I are becoming really good friends, we are figuring out how to work with each other and it is fun to see new mission styles.    We had some really good lessons this week!  We weren't able to see Gum this week which was sad, but we'll see him next week.  Thank you for the prayers for him, it's cool to know how much you guys care for me and the people I am teaching.  We did meet his sister however and we may start teaching her but we will see. 

I learned something about laughing at things when it seems like it's hard to keep going.  haha let me see if I can explain... Sister Schrader and I were road tripping to district meeting going like 60mph on a nice cornfield road when all of a sudden there was a tractor in the middle of the road... going like 5 mph... there we were in the middle of nowhere slamming on the breaks behind a tractor... and what did we do?  Well we laughed really hard!  How sweet it is laughter.    I had felt sad that day for some reason... but as soon as we slowed down for the tractor I remembered that I love Nebraska, I love being a missionary and I love the Gospel.  Sometimes little things like a tractor can change your attitude.   So I hope that all of you are having a happy week!  I hope that you are smiling at all of the things life brings to you, remember how much you love being you, how blessed you are to be a child of a loving heavenly father.  Remember that you are important and you have a purpose here on this earth. 

I love you family!  I hope you know I am loving it out here even though sometimes it's weird to think of life rolling on at home. 

Time is short and I seemed to have forgotten my camera, but I'll send pictures next week!  We have lots of people we are working with this week which is exciting! There is much to be done, here and all over the world!  Oh funny tender mercy, the talk I was asked to speak on was "it's a Miracle" by Neil L Anderson... funny right since that's what Tanner wrote his farewell talk on.  I was glad I printed out his talk and could see his insights.. haha  it was a miracle... how ironic.   I took a different spin on it but I like Tanner's humor... It just makes me like cry laughing.  I'm glad we have such a funny family.  Love you dearly family of mine!  Keep choosing the Right!  

Love,


Sister McMaster

No comments:

Post a Comment