Monday, September 9, 2013

Transfer Week!

Hello from Lincoln!

So I mentioned last week that transfers might be happening this week!  Guess what my friends, they did!  I was expecting to stay in Lincoln with Sister Call, and so was she, so we were both very surprised when Thursday morning we got a call from President Weston saying I would be staying in Lincoln and Sister Call would be going back to Omaha.  Phew!  Just like that your world changes and you get a new companion.  Haha it is amazing how quickly things change sometimes I can't even believe it!


Goodbye Sister Call!


Sister Schrader!

Sister Schrader is awesome though!  I am excited to work with her.  We have a lot to do here in the Pioneer ward!   I taught the restoration in sign language yesterday!  Talk about weird... I never in my wildest dreams (and I have had wild ones) imagined that I would use Sign Language.  But the spirit can testify in all languages including the ones when you use your hands.  I wish I could bear my testimony to you in Sign, but it's hard to do via e-mail.   Some day I'll do it for you  okay?  haha

Well I'm not sure what else to talk about, other than the fact that miracles really do happen every day.  I know that every morning when we go exercise (lately we've been finding the local swing set and swinging... does that count as exercise?  I hope so because it is my favorite thing... ever...)  and the sun rises, it is a miracle because heavenly father is filling us with sunshine.  He wants us to grow everyday!  How are you being filled with sunshine?    

I played the Organ again in church, and I did the musical number... I feel like this ward is going to get sick of me... and the little "sister McMaster show" I have going on here...  They haven't fired me yet so we'll see how that goes!   I apologize for my lack of good stories today!  


Oh I thought of one!  So the night before sister Call left we taught [Sun].  Our one and only progressing investigator.  It was such a cool lesson.  Have I told you how cool he is?  He's from Sudan and he is trying really hard to be a good kid.  We are trying to help him understand that he can be forgiven of all his sins as he comes to know Christ.  He is praying and always thanks us for helping him feel good.  So this lesson was really powerful because Sister Call and I were finally teaching in unity. It was really cool.  I'm grateful for all that she has taught me.  I hope that I can have powerful lessons like that with all of my companions. I was bold with [Sun], and I committed him to baptism!  He's going to be baptized on Oct 26, but we need to keep praying for him.  And It will be weird with Sister Call not being here, I hope that we can help [Sun]!  I'm scared, but I know we can do it!

Well I don't have much more time, but I  hope you know that I'm very grateful for each one of you!  You mean so much to me.  I love you!  Have a great week and keep smiling and loving all the people you come in contact with.  Every person you meet you meet for a reason, figure out what that reason is and learn how you too can be an instrument in Heavenly Father's hands.   I love meeting and working with so many of God's children.   I pray all of you are staying strong :)  

Love always!


Sister McMaster

Our sweet district!

No comments:

Post a Comment